How We Work
What sets PMR Builders apart, from other building and construction companies in our field, is the care and attention we give to every customer who requires our help, advice and expertise.
With over 30 years in the building and construction industry, our experience and expertise is to your advantage. When you first contact us, our approach is as follows:
- Free consultation – we’ll book a mutually convenient time with you to visit your home, discuss your ideas, look at the potential scale of your project and confirm if what you actually want can be achieved.
- Architect discussion - our architect will then visit you to discuss your ideas in more detail, including their thoughts on planning permission and building regulations
- Plans drawn up – our architect draws up your project plans (non chargeable) as a pencil draft
- Plan delivery – the project plans are delivered to you in pencil draft with further discussion
- Quotation – upon delivery of plans, a quotation is then provided
- Payment terms - upon go-ahead, payment terms with you are agreed and confirmed
- Official building drawings – detailed drawings are provided by the architect and a project debriefing takes place including pre-contract talks and timelines for completion of project
- Staged payments - once building control has passed (ie the footings), 10% payment (of the total amount) is due. Then, as each part of the build is passed, staged payments become due when sections of work are complete (ie payment is not based on timescales)
- Project management – PMR Builders oversee everything, deal with building control and planning permission, without delays in project completion dates
Whether you require a new home extension, kitchen expansion, bathroom renovation, refurbishment, loft or garage conversion, we will guide you every step of the way, from initial conception to project completion, including advice on planning permission and building regulations.