PMR Builders work closely with many architects and structural engineers throughout North Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, including Adeis Building Controls, to build and install a variety of home construction improvements including:
- Kitchen extensions and bathroom renovations
- Home extensions – single and two storey
- House renovations and refurbishments
- Conversions for lofts, barns and garages
Our aim is simple: to provide you with a premium service that you would expect, with an excellent finish and an attention to detail that is bettered by no other building company. Our overall goal is to turn your ideas and plans into a reality.
Health and Safety
PMR Builders take Health and Safety extremely seriously. It’s key to our teams’ safety and to your safety. Other competitors talk about Health and Safety but don’t really live it through their work, whereas we believe that Health and Safety must come first.
All our staff where hardhats, we use Health and Safety signs to show areas out-of-bounds that are dangerous and netting to keep anyone other than our skilled team of workers out.
We have £10 million employers liability insurance and £10 million public liability insurance.
Why use PMR Builders?
- The majority of our work is through personal recommendations due to successfully completed projects - see our testimonials and gallery
- Our team of local bricklayers, joiners and carpenters work to extremely high standards
- We only use high-quality building materials - not cheap DIY-grade products
- We are credited installers with the following companies:
- Herts Building - Extensions
- Howdens - nominated kitchen installers
- Home Extension Team - registered builder
- City Plumbing - nominates bathroom installers
- Herts timber - nominated carpenters
- We are City & Guilds qualified in Carpentry and Joinery and bricklaying
- We are Institute of Carpenters & Joiners level 1,2 & 3 accredited
- We have over 30 years experience in building and construction
- Our tradesmen are fully qualified and certified with GasSafe (plumbing) and NICEIC ( electrical)
- Payments are due only when a “stage of work” has been completed and passed by Building Control, to current British standards
- We provide a brick matching service, where discontinued bricks need matching
- Our waste is picked through and recycled using registered disposal companies
- We will guide you every step of the way, from initial conception to project completion, including advice on planning permission and building regulations.
- We provide 24 hour support and maintenance help for emergencies
Throughout the project, if any of your neighbours have any issues with the build we’re working on for you, we kindly ask that you direct them to us and we will ensure that we do everything in our power to show goodwill, that we understand their concerns and that we will address any issues they may have. We appreciate that you will be living next to them long after we’ve completed the project.
We service the following areas: Hitchin, Letchworth, Lower Stondon, Shefford, Baldock and other towns within North Hertfordshire.